Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ironic

I have a new lyric for Alanis Morissette and her song "Ironic", and it goes like this:


It's like takin' BCPeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, when you're tryin' to get pregnant....


It's like feelin' nauseoooooouuuuuuuuus, when you know that you're not.


(Okay, sorry for that. I just had to get it out of my system because that stupid song has been running through my head all morning. And homegirl Alanis.... she don't know nuthin' 'bout "ironic" unless she's been through an IVF herself. In which case I do apologize, Alanis).


Anyway...


I am officially into my second IVF cycle. And yes, taking birth control pills. They make me sick. Is this why they make you take them? To prepare you for what morning sickness will be like?


Funny thing is, I, like about 90% of all women out there, have been on these pills before. And I don't remember ever once feeling nauseous on them back when I was actually taking them for their intended purpose. Maybe because I was so busy enjoying all that free-wheeling casual sex, unencumbered by worries of accidental pregnancies. 


Yah... that wasn't quite it.


I guess this is nothing, really. I mean, BCPs are only a gateway drug to the Luprons and Repronexes and Follistims of the world. Am I ready for all that?


Well, break out the alcohol pads and unbuckle my pants, because the answer is a Big Fat POSITIVE!!


How ironic is that??

2 comments:

Liz said...

I felt sick when I had to go back on birth control too. Odd. I figured it was my mind telling my body that it was pissed off I was having to do this. Best of luck for a real BFP soon.

Andie said...

Ha ha ha, I HATE that song. Very funny :)